Growing Tumut Valley Violets
Growing African Violets and other indoor flowers and herbs doesn’t require much space. Depending on the size of the plant, a 2-5 inch plastic flower pots is usually adequate. Violets vary in size from micro African Violets, with a plant width of less than 3 inches to giant and trailing violets with plant widths larger than 16 inches. The normal African Violet width is from 8 – 16 inches... Growing African Violets from Seed Growing African Violets from seed is not as fast as growing them from leaf cuttings but it is a great way to add to your A V collection. Seed packets will usually contain many different varieties and colors of flowers.
African violets UMN Extension
Believe it or not, African violets are one of the easiest plants to propagate, and it can be done a couple of different ways. I like to take a nice healthy leaf from the middle rows of leaves and root it in water. Make sure to leave it out a few hours to callous over before you plop it in your jar. And make sure to let your water sit out for 24 hours to get rid of that pesky chlorine and also... Believe it or not, African violets are one of the easiest plants to propagate, and it can be done a couple of different ways. I like to take a nice healthy leaf from the middle rows of leaves and root it in water. Make sure to leave it out a few hours to callous over before you plop it in your jar. And make sure to let your water sit out for 24 hours to get rid of that pesky chlorine and also
How to Grow African Violets Gardener's Supply
More and more growers are saying goodbye to their fluorescent lights in exchange for the convenience of LED’s. LED lights use less electricity, last longer, and are more cost effective.... If you want an outlet so you do not become the frustrated housewife, one that will not cost you anything but a little time and patience yet will provide the thrill of seeing a plant grow right under your nose from day to day, this is the hobby for you.
Starting an African Violet from a Leaf Cutting Fred
You may think of African violets as old fashioned, but they are still among the easiest and most satisfying flowering plants to grow indoors, and the shapes and …... What a cute idea for house plants: African violets in teacups displayed on a tiered cupcake tray.
How To Grow African Violets From Leaves
How to Grow African Violets Part II Propagation Sunday
- How to Grow African Violets Part I General Care Sunday
- How To Grow African Violet Plants Gardening-Advice.net
- Growing African violets from a leaf
- How to Grow African Violets Gardener's Supply
How To Grow African Violets From Leaves
African violets are one of the most popular plants to keep in the home. Fortunately, they are one of the easiest, too. Once you've started a nice collection, you can grow new plants from a portion of a mature leaf.
- An African violet or Saintpaulia is a beautiful houseplant that can be easily propagated by leaf cuttings. These showy flowering plants can be started in either water or soil to reach maturity in 9 months, and continue to bloom all year round.
- If you can, grow your African violets in clay pots. Clay absorbs moisture and then releases humidity through evaporation, which the plant will like. If things work out right, and your plant is happy, you will have a new blooming plant in about a year. Lighting for African violets… Place plants in windows that get morning sun, preferably from the east, during the Fall and Winter, but move
- How to Grow African Violets 101 Growing African violets is fairly easy if you follow the established guidelines. Evelyn Briggs, an African violet grower of over 25 years says, “One of the best tips for growing violets is to be consistent with light, fertilizer and watering.”
- African violets probably are the easiest plants that you can grow in your house. But you have to start with a good growing mix, lightweight and with good aeration.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: McKellar ACT, Calwell ACT, Yarralumla ACT, Brookfield ACT, Blakney Creek ACT, ACT Australia 2637
- New South Wales: Swan Creek NSW, Exeter NSW, Brackendale NSW, Eastern Creek NSW, Lord Howe Island NSW, NSW Australia 2025
- Northern Territory: Gunbalanya NT, Larapinta NT, Maningrida NT, Daly River NT, Nightcliff NT, Tennant Creek NT, NT Australia 0838
- Queensland: Pallara QLD, Darling Heights QLD, Napranum QLD, Macalister QLD, QLD Australia 4074
- South Australia: Stun'Sail Boom SA, Glenelg North SA, Willalooka SA, Mt Torrens SA, Caroline SA, Mt Barker Summit SA, SA Australia 5048
- Tasmania: Parattah TAS, Antill Ponds TAS, Orford TAS, TAS Australia 7012
- Victoria: Boorhaman VIC, Melbourne Airport VIC, Dooboobetic VIC, Caulfield North VIC, Dooen VIC, VIC Australia 3001
- Western Australia: Minnenooka WA, Worsley WA, Boogardie WA, WA Australia 6079
- British Columbia: Burns Lake BC, Dawson Creek BC, Salmon Arm BC, North Vancouver BC, Gibsons BC, BC Canada, V8W 1W4
- Yukon: Haines Junction YT, Barlow YT, Brooks Brook YT, Lorne YT, Conrad YT, YT Canada, Y1A 5C3
- Alberta: Warburg AB, Morinville AB, Glendon AB, Forestburg AB, Mundare AB, McLennan AB, AB Canada, T5K 5J1
- Northwest Territories: Inuvik NT, Kakisa NT, Fort Providence NT, Enterprise NT, NT Canada, X1A 4L3
- Saskatchewan: Kelliher SK, Wilcox SK, Lebret SK, Cupar SK, Fosston SK, Lipton SK, SK Canada, S4P 5C1
- Manitoba: Deloraine MB, Winnipeg Beach MB, Boissevain MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P2
- Quebec: Kirkland QC, Hebertville-Station QC, Price QC, Saint-Georges QC, Saint-Felicien QC, QC Canada, H2Y 1W4
- New Brunswick: Petit-Rocher NB, Bath NB, Saint-Quentin NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H4
- Nova Scotia: Windsor NS, Middleton NS, Wedgeport NS, NS Canada, B3J 4S5
- Prince Edward Island: Union Road PE, Lot 11 and Area PE, Montague PE, PE Canada, C1A 1N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Harbour Breton NL, Point May NL, Happy Adventure NL, Come By Chance NL, NL Canada, A1B 9J2
- Ontario: Penetanguishene ON, Trent Lakes ON, New Tecumseth ON, Pointe Fortune, Port Cunnington ON, East Colborne ON, Ridgeway ON, ON Canada, M7A 6L3
- Nunavut: Pangnirtung Fox Farm NU, Bathurst Inlet NU, NU Canada, X0A 8H7
- England: Salford ENG, Nuneaton ENG, Crosby ENG, Solihull ENG, Cheltenham ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 2A5
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Belfast NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 7H3
- Scotland: Paisley SCO, Hamilton SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, Glasgow SCO, Kirkcaldy SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 6B4
- Wales: Newport WAL, Wrexham WAL, Neath WAL, Cardiff WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 2D6